Tektronix AWG5200 Arbitrary Waveform Generator
The AWG5200 Series arbitrary waveform generator (AWG) leads the way in signal generation by enabling bleeding-edge innovation for engineers and researchers. The AWG5200 Series of AWGs delivers unparalleled signal fidelity coupled with class-leading sample rate and memory depth, giving you the industry’s best signal stimulus solution for complex RF baseband signal generation and precision experimental applications. With up to 5 GS/s sample rate (10 GS/s with interpolation) and 16-bit vertical resolution, the AWG5200 Series offers easy generation of complex signals as well as accurate playback of existing captured signals.
- Complete solution for complex RF signal generation in a single box
- Direct generation of signals with carriers up to 4 GHz, removing the need for external RF conversion
- Simulate real-world analog effects on high speed digital data streams
- Generate high precision RF signals
- Spurious Free Dynamic Range performance better than -70 dBc
- Create long complex waveforms without compromising bandwidth
- Up to 2 GSamples of Waveform Memory plays 400 ms of data at 5 GS/s
- Synchronize multiple units to achieve a multi-channel high speed AWGsystem
- Fully operational without external PC
- Built-in display and buttons make it possible to quickly select, edit, play waveforms and trigger on events directly from the AWG front panel
- Simulate real-world environments by playing back captured signals
- Waveforms captured with Oscilloscopes or Real-Time Spectrum Analyzers can be played back, edited or re-sampled on the AWG
- Smooth transition from simulation to the real-world testing environment
- Waveform vectors imported from third-party tools such as MATLAB
- RF/MW waveform generation for communications and defense electronics testing and development
- Output RF signals directly up to 4 GHz
- Leading edge research in electronics, physics & chemistry
- High speed, low jitter signal source generates uniquely specified analog signals, fast pulses, data streams and clocks
Seamless transition from simulation to generation
If a waveform can be defined or captured, then the AWG5200 can reproduce this signal. The creation of the waveform can happen in many ways. An extensive and growing library of waveform generation plugins which are optimized to work specifically with the Tektronix AWG family, provide specific waveform creation capabilities, while 3rd party solutions like MATLAB, Excel, or others, have the flexibility to create and import any waveform you desire. Waveforms created in any of these packages can be imported and played back in the AWG5200, seamlessly transitioning from the simulation world to the real world.
Advanced remote instrument control and waveform generation
The new SourceXpress platform brings all of your AWG instrument control and waveform generation capabilities to your Windows PC. Load waveforms, create sequences, and enable playback without ever having to touch an AWG. All waveform creation plug-ins run natively on the SourceXpress platform, allowing you to quickly iterate through test signals without having to set foot in the lab.
RF signal generation
RF signals are becoming more and more complex, making it difficult for RF engineers to accurately create the signals required for conformance and margin testing. When combined with the RF Generic waveform creation plug-in, the AWG5200 Series can address these tough design challenges. The RF Generic plug-in is a software package that digitally synthesizes modulated baseband, IF, and RF signals taking signal generation to new levels by fully exploiting the advanced signal generation capabilities of the AWG5200 Series arbitrary waveform generators.
Built in digital IQ modulator
Reducing the size and cost for telecommunication and military systems is driving the evolution of modern DAC’s to integrate more functionality into a single chip. Some of the more advanced high-speed DAC’s also incorporate digital signal processing and conditioning functionalities such as digital interpolation, complex modulation, and numerically controlled oscillators (NCO). This enables direct generation of complex RF signals in an efficient and compact way.
The Tektronix AWG5200 series features a digital complex modulator and multi-rate interpolation. With this internal IQ modulation feature, you remove the IQ mismatches that are attributed to external modulators and mixers. Also with this modulator, there is no in-band carrier feed-through, and there are no images. With its built in interpolators, it also affords the ability to create waveforms most efficiently reducing waveform size and compilation times as well as extending playback time.
Several DAC modes available
With the AWG5200 DAC there are several modes that enable you to output your signal at the cleanest portion of the DAC BW and frequency roll off positions.
Environment signal generation
The mission-critical nature of many radar signals requires that they coexist with standards-based commercial signals sharing the same spectrum without performance degradation. To meet this expectation, a radar designer has to thoroughly test all the corner cases at the design/debug stage. The AWG5200 offers the extreme flexibility and precision needed to play back these worst-case scenarios.