Promax RP-050 Satellite IF simulator
The RP-050 satellite IF and UHF simulator is extremely easy to use. Simply connecting the output of the RP- 050 to the input of the network or to any other intermediate point. It allows to select two different output levels (90 or 105 dBμV) so to feed those installations that have headend amplifiers or for those networks that lack of active elements. The generated signals are then distributed over the entire network where a signal level meter with Spectrum Analyser capabilities, will be able to check for equalisation in all outlets and intermediate points in a fast and accurate manner.
5 GENERATION OF ADECUATE SIGNAL LEVEL to power up both the Headend and the distribution network at any stage (90 or 105 dBμV respectively).
In the case the results are not satisfactory, the technician must revi- se all the active and passive elements that interfere with the distribu- tion: amplifiers, splitters, cables, connectors, TV outlets, etc. Following the signal with the analyser up to the source, will quickly allow the detection of the faulty components.
Some of the applications are:
1. CERTIFICATION OF TV WIRING It generates the signal to test the installation before the Headend or antennas are installed in new or remodelled buildings.
2. CERTIFICATION OF NEW SATELLITE INSTALLATIONS in already existing UHF networks.
This functions eliminates the need for manual calculations to compensate the dispersion on the carrier level or tuning readjustment in case of drifts in the oscillators.
3. HEADEND FAULT LOCATOR. Since it is generating a known and fix signal, it allows to identify when the source of the problem is in the Headend.
4. TESTING the correct operation of the supply and control signals: 13V, 18V and 22 KHz. By means of two LED’s, the RP-050 will show its correct operation. The instrument is powered up from the receiver or through the power adapter included.
5. GENERATION OF ADECUATE SIGNAL LEVEL to power up both the Headend and the distribution network at any stage (90 or 105 dBμV respectively).
- L BAND TEST PILOTS: 1050 / 1575 / 2100 MHz
- UHF TEST PILOT: 537.5 MHz
- LEVEL: LOW MODE 90 dBmV ± 4 dB – HIGH MODE 105 dBmV ± 4 dB
- SIGNAL DETECTION: 22 kHz
- SUPPLIED VOLTAGE DET.: 13 / 18 V in to coaxial cable