MiFID II Clock Synchronization Compliance
The 5 primary MiFID II clock synchronization requirements
To help simplify the process of becoming MiFID II compliant, we have identified the 5 primary time synchronization requirements of MiFID II compliance:
- The synchronization of clocks to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) using a traceable source like GPS
- Ensuring maximum clock divergence doesn’t exceed 100 microsecond / 1 millisecond
- Provision of timestamps with a granularity of 1 microsecond / 1 millisecond
- The ability to prove the accuracy of clock offset
- Ability to demonstrate where the timestamp is applied and that it remains consistent.
The solution for delivering your MiFID II time synchronization compliance
The Spectracom VelaSync delivers all 5 of the primary time sync requirements. The key solutions highlights include:
- High speed, high performance – specifically designed for high frequency trading
- Standard with 2x 10G ports, 3x 1G ports – all capable of PTP and NTP simultaneously
- Available with additional 2x 10G, 2x 25G ports, or 2x 40G ports as an option
- Standard high performance oven controlled crystal oscillator (OCXO) with Rubidium as option
- Dual hot swappable power, 500G drives in RAID config
- Advanced monitoring and logging capabilities
- MiFID II Auditing/Reporting Tool available.
You can learn more about the VelaSync NTP Server and PTP Grandmaster Clock here.