High-speed digital standards are quickly evolving to support the performance demands of our data driven world. Next generation serial standards and data communication requirements are bringing new test challenges, pushing the limits of today’s compliance and debug tools. From design and simulation, analysis, debug, and compliance testing, Tektronix provides advanced, automated measurement solutions to optimize performance, speed up validation cycles and accelerate time-to-market.
Tektronix offers DisplayPort Tx and Rx software solutions to help design and test engineers with electrical validation, compliance, characterization and debug.
Our solution helps decrease overall compliance testing times – to less than 6 hours – and allows engineers to work on other tasks while the tests are running.
NEW! DisplayPort 1.4 and Type-C Test Solution
Designers can characterize and margin their DisplayPort 1.4 and Type-C devices operating at 8.1Gbps with Tektronix’s Oscilloscopes and BERTs along with software analysis tools such as DPOJET and SDLA.
- DisplayPort 1.4 and Type-C Solution datasheet »
- NEW! BSX Series BERTScope for Receiver Testing »
- MSO/DPO70000 Series Oscilloscopes for DisplayPort offer high Sampling Rate of up to 50GS/s per channel on all 4 channels. This helps in capturing all four lanes of DisplayPort signals and reduces the test times.
- DPO70000SX Series Oscilloscopes for DisplayPort offer lowest noise in the industry capturing signals with high accuracy. With a high bandwidth of 23 GHz and above, this series of scope meets the current DP 1.4 specification and is future ready if the data rates increase beyond 8.1 Gbps. This series of scope is also ready to meet the latest HDMI 2.1 display standard.
DDR Test, Validation and Debug
DDR Memory Interface
New generations of memory technology like DDR4 and LPDDR4 bring higher speeds, lower I/O voltage, and various form factors to meet different application needs. The result is new debug and validation challenges with tighter margins, faster edge rates and complex bus protocol.
Tektronix provides the most comprehensive tool set for memory validation and debug:
- Electrical Validation for DDR:
Capture, measure and characterize DDR memory interfaced signal behavior, jitter, eye size, crossover, strobes/clock alignment, bit errors.
- Logic Validation for DDR:
Capture and measure the digital logic state of the DDR memory interface and perform bus cycle based timing and protocol analysis.
Tektronix offers comprehensive, integrated tool sets for validating the physical layer of IEEE 802.3 Ethernet devices, and for developing and debugging Ethernet-based systems from 10BASE-T up to 40/100GB.
Tekronix also provides advance compliance and Debug tools for other Datacomm standards like 10BASE-T, 10BASE-Te, 100BASE-Tx, 1000BASE-T, BroadR-Reach, 10GBASE-T, 10GBASE-KR, SFP+ (SFF 8431), QSFP+ (SFF-8634), Fiber Channel FC-16G (FC-PI-5) and CEI-28G-VSR.
Tektronix provides engineers with automated test capability for speeding up the design and validation of the HDMI physical layer for their devices. Included is support for accurate test of sink, source and cables in accordance with the latest industry compliance test specifications.
Engineers designing and validating the MHL physical layer and link layer of their devices can improve efficiency and perform a wide range of compliance tests quickly and reliably with Tektronix test portfolio. Tektronix software automates a comprehensive range of MHL compliance tests for improved test efficiency.
Tektronix offers MIPI designers – such as those working on autonomous driving systems, in-vehicle infotainment or other mobile devices – a portfolio of MIPI PHY transmitter, receiver and protocol test solutions for M-PHY, D-PHY and C-PHY. These solutions are keeping pace with the rapidly changing MIPI standards landscape, giving designers the future-proof test solutions they need to efficiently bring new products to market.
NEW! Industry’s first receiver test solution with 100 percent coverage of the MIPI Alliance’s recently released D-PHY v.2.0 specification along with full support for the C-PHY v1.1 receiver test specification.
- D-PHY Transmitter, Receiver and Protocol Solution datasheet
- C-PHY Transmitter, Receiver and Protocol Solution datasheet
- M-PHY Transmitter Solution datasheet
- M-PHY Receiver Solution datasheet
- I3C Protocol Decode datasheet
- MIPI Mobile Segment Protocol Decode datasheet
Transmitter & Receiver Testing with Tektronix Oscilloscopes, AWGs, BERTs and Software
Tektronix’ automated oscilloscope-based testing support for MOST provides engineers with standard specific limits for pass/fail compliance and pre-defined scope settings for each measurement. Reduce the complexity of executing MOST tests so you can test your devices faster.
ONFI Electrical Timing Solution
Tektronix has the industry’s first test solution for the Open NAND Flash Interface (ONFI) standard.
Open NAND Flash Interface Solution
Tektronix has the industry’s first test solution for the ONFI standard.
Partner with Tektronix for a comprehensive ONFI test solution to reduce compliance testing time, simplify debugging and boost productivity.
Key features of our solution:
- ONFI timing measurements and compliance testing as per ONFI Bus specification documentation 4.0
- Supports timing measurement for SDR, NVDDR, and NVDDR2/3 with limit comparison
- Detail view allows user to debug ONFI designs by correlating each measurement on the waveform
- Electrical eye diagram in PGY-ONFI software provides quick signal relationship between DQ and DQS signal
Accelerate the analysis, validation, and pre-compliance testing of your PCIe design with test solutions from Tektronix.
With instruments and analysis software for both Transmitter and Receiver testing our solutions provide the ability to perform in-depth analysis, compliance testing, and debug for both current and next generation PCIe specifications (Standards Gen 1, 2, 3 and now PCIe 4.0).
- PCI Express® (PCIe) Gen1/2/3/4 Transmitter Solution datasheet
- Updated! PCI Express® (PCIe) Gen3/4 Receiver CEM Solution datasheet
- PCI Express® (PCIe) Gen3 Receiver Base Solution datasheet
- PCI Express® (PCIe) Gen4 Receiver Base Solution datasheet
- NEW! BSX Series BERTScope for Receiver Testing
- DPO70000SX Oscilloscope (bandwidth 23 GHz – 70 GHz) for Transmitter Testing
Whether your device under test is a transmitter or receiver, Tektronix offers leading edge tools for verification, debug and compliance testing.
- Our solutions offer an automated, simple and efficient way to meet SATA-IO requirements for Gen1, Gen2, and Gen3 6 Gb/s hosts and devices;
- And a comprehensive set of verification & debug tools to help meet Serial Attached SCSI requirements for SAS-3 and SAS-4 hosts and devices.
Simplify your test set ups and perform in-depth error analysis with single-vendor automated Tx and Rx compliance tools for both the current and next-generation SAS and SATA interfaces.
Accelerate the analysis, validation, and precompliance testing of Thunderbolt designs with test solutions from Tektronix. Tektronix instruments and analysis software provide the flexibility to check your Thunderbolt design for precompliance or perform device characterization and debug.
Tektronix USB Tx and Rx software solutions meet the electrical validation, compliance, characterization and debug needs of engineers designing USB 3.1 Type-C, USB 3.1, and USB 2.0 based systems, which are compliant to the USB-IF test standards. A solution for USB-PD electrical parametric and protocol measurements for compliance is also available.
NEW! Automated USB 3.1 Type-C Test Solution
- Quickly find the root cause of issues when testing SuperSpeed USB 3.1 Type-C designs with the combination of full SigTest support and DPOJET. USB 3.1 Software datasheet »
Transmitter & Receiver Testing with Tektronix Oscilloscopes and BERTs
- NEW! BSX Series BERTScope supports Gen 1@5Gb/s and Gen 2@10Gb/s integrated DPP and protocol aware architecture.
- Perform protocol analysis in conjunction with electrical validation using serial pattern trigger on MSO/DPO70000 DX Series Oscilloscopes.
- Get the most accurate characterization and margin analysis accomplished using the industry’s lowest noise DPO70000SX Series Oscilloscopes.
Jitter Measurement and Timing Analysis
Understanding timing jitter has become a mandatory part of high-speed communications system design as today’s serial data standards require extensive jitter compliance tests. Tektronix’ comprehensive test instrumentation portfolio enables you to meet your design goals and compliance requirements – fast.
- DPOJET Jitter & Timing Analysis for Real-Time Oscilloscopes: DPOJET enables engineers to debug and characterize timing, jitter, and noise in computer, mobile, and data communication system designs.
- TekScope AnywhereTM Waveform Analysis: Users now have the flexibility to perform timing, eye, and jitter analysis outside the lab that can easily be shared between team members in a networked environment.
- 80SJNB Jitter, Timing, and SDLA Visualizer Analysis for Sampling Oscilloscopes: 80SJNB is an all-purpose tool that enables engineers to specify a de-embed filter, Time Domain Waveform or S-Parameter for channel embedding. 80SJNB also performs timing, noise and mask testing analysis to get a 3-D view of the eye diagram performance for deep, accurate evaluation on signals with speeds beyond 50GHz.
- JMAP Jitter Mapping and Decomposition Analysis for BERTScope BSA Series: Unlike a traditional BERT, BERTScope utilizes unique JMAP analysis to provide jitter decomposition into its random and deterministic components for a deeper understanding of errors on long patterns.
Serial Data Link Analysis (SDLA)
Acceleration of signaling frequencies and shrinking amplitude create challenges for testing Computer, Communications and Memory busses. Tektronix’ advanced Serial Data Link Analysis solutions enable a seamless transition between characterization, compliance, and debug tasks required to bring your product to market.
- SDLA Visualizer for MSO/DPO70000 Series Real Time Oscilloscopes: the SDLA Visualizer enables complete measurement circuit de-embed, simulation circuit embed and receiver equalization. The SDLA Visualizer with DPOJET Jitter and Eye Analysis provide a comprehensive simulation and measurement environment for Computer, Communications and Memory buses.
- 80SJNB Jitter, Timing, and SDLA Visualizer Link Analysis for Sampling Oscilloscopes: When used with the Tektronix DSA8300 Sampling Oscilloscope, 80SJNB allows the user to specify a de-embed filter, Time Domain Waveform or S-Parameter for channel embedding using SDLA Visualizer and DFE/FFE Equalization. 80SJNB analysis software also performs timing and noise-based analysis to get a 3-D view of the eye diagram performance for deep, accurate evaluation on signals with speeds beyond 50GHz.
- SignalCorrect™ Software and TCS70902 Calibration Source for MSO/DPO70000 Series Real Time Oscilloscopes: SignalCorrect™ allows quick characterization of cables, fixtures and other types of interconnects using the TCS70902 Fast step source and the captured response on a MSO/DPO70000 scope. Based on this characterization, SignalCorrect can design a de-embed filter that compensates for the losses that occur in the interconnects, and offers a flat response, enabling signal margin recovery, leading to more accurate measurements.
The task of isolating and eliminating signal integrity problems anywhere in a system’s is challenging. Tektronix delivers the bandwidth and time-saving features you need to properly address high-speed signal deviations, quickly locate and trace faults back to their source and eliminate schedule delays and reliability issues.
- TLA7000 Logic Analyzer is ideal for pinpointing protocol or logic layer system issues quickly. With deep trigger systems and comprehensive viewing tools that span from the PHY Layer to the Protocol and Transaction Layer.
- Mixed Signal Oscilloscopes allow signal integrity measurements up to 20 analog and digital channels with a single instrument with models ranging in analog bandwidth of 100MHz up to 20GHz.
- Mixed Domain Oscilloscopes provide unique insight across the time and frequency domains for a complete view of complicated signal integrity challenges. View the RF spectrum at any point in time to see how it changes with time or device state.