Spectracom VelaSync High Speed Time Server
10/25/40 GbE High Performance PTP Grandmaster, NTP Server and Network Sync Monitor All-in-one
VelaSync™ high speed time server with TimeKeeper™ inside is a network appliance designed for high frequency trading and other low-latency network applications. The combination of FSMLab’s TimeKeeper’s highly optimized timing protocols and management functions, Spectracom’s precision GPS timing technology, and the flexibility of commodity hardware offers exceptional performance and keeps pace with the needs of evolving network infrastructure.
The server offers multiple 1GbE (RJ-45), 10GbE (SFP+), 25GbE (SFP28), and 40GbE (QSFP) network ports for set-up, management, and simultaneous NTP and PTP server/grandmaster capability.
- PTP + NTP on all ports
- Low 100’s of nanoseconds accuracy
- 1G/10G/25G/40G Ethernet solves network queueing problems (silent time errors)
- High quality GPS-disciplined clock source
- Rubidium atomic clock option
- Dual redundant and hot-swappable AC power supplies and hard drives
- Single-pane-of-glass enterprise sync management
- Time Intelligence Platform gathers statistics from clients, detects problems
- Map your time network topology
- Multiple time sources for redundancy/security
- Configuration via web interface
Flexible Configuration Provides Reliable, Secure Time
TimeKeeper’s web-based user interface simplifies configuration of multiple time sources for resiliency against GPS attacks, spoofing or jamming, and equipment failures. For example, the server can be easily setup to use a PTP source as a backup to the on-board GPS and use an NTP source as a cross check. The servers can be setup to back up each other so that if one fails, the time service continues. It includes dual redundant hot-swap power supplies and hard drives.